Saturday, July 21, 2012

Current projects!

With all the real life craziness lately,we've gotten a bit behind on the blog updates, but here's what I've been up to...

Up first, this foam skull is the first stage of my first attempt to build a full bodied puppet!  That why it is, you know, first.

This has long been a dream of mine, as Sweetums is my favorite Muppet and, well, running around in a full bodied puppet costume seems like it would be a lot of fun.  

I used a fruit bowl as the basis for the skull pattern with a fair bit of success.  As you can see in the photo, it is a bit droopy and could use some wire for support.



Next up, I've recently taken up skulpting!  I'm actually kind of terrible at it, but that has never stopped me before!  The plan is to create molds from these guys from which I can cast latex puppet heads for hand puppets.  They are made from super sculpey with aluminum foil in the center for shape.



And, of course, my dragon is an ongoing work in progress.  He was made from Project Puppet's glorified sock puppet pattern.   Ain't he just so cute?!?



All of these things are new to me, so feel free to leave a comment and tell me exactly what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment