Monday, July 23, 2012

The clay knight and the soda bottle bird...

Well, my attempt to create a foam skull pattern in the shape of a soda bottle wasn't entire successful.    Apparently, you can't put four flat objects together with the edges cut at 45% angles and get a cylinder.  My geometry teacher would be so proud!  lol.  But in my defense, I had two little girls trying to destroy my apartment at the time!



The end kept a nicely rounded shape for the chin, so I'm still going to use it.  This bird will just have a square face.



Anyways... I decided to take my frustration out on a piece of clay and wound up meeting Sir Reginald of  Darburyshire.  He'll take his place with the other clay sculpts and await the coming of the Hobby Lobby mold-making kit and jumbo sized bottle of liquid latex.  That's when the REAL fun begins!  Good luck, Sir Reginald!



With Sir Reg baked and cooling, I was all set to go to bed.  So, of course, I decided to rough out a quick top for my soda bottle skull instead.  Who needs to sleep, right?  I didn't worry about rounding the head off, I'll try that with Soda Bottle mark II.  Instead I just gave my bird-to-be a pointy head.  I think I'm going to put the face at one of the corners and build the beak out from there.  



No comments:

Post a Comment